This week I learned
- Isaac Newton had to work from home once. It went really well for him. Redefined expectations (https://www.laphamsquarterly.org/contributors/newton)
- How to build a leprecahn trap. We're working on it. Testing it and upgrading it constantly. Preparing for next Tuesday.
Science/Math Reading This Week
- Democratic domestic product An interesting critique (and suggestion for improvement) of GDP
- Why your brain is not a computer
Liberal Arts Reading This Week
- Hannah Arendt and the hierarchy of human activity - I mean, I usually read most anything about Hannah Arendt. This is a particularly good introduction
- Virtuosos of Idleness - can it be that we have a crisis around the meaning of work because we have a crisis around the meaning of idleness?
- The Far Side - we live in crazy times. This is the antidote 🙂